My thoughts, My Feelings, My Life - In words.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Saturday Morning Bliss

Oh Saturday morning.

This morning I awoke to "Mom", "Mom", "Mom", "Moma", "Moma", "Moma", "Mooooooooooooooooooommm!" It reminded me of the episode of the Family Guy when Stewie is tormenting Lois. And then I started to giggle uncontrollably becuase I realized that M is similar to Stewie in a few ways - minus the kill Lois, blow up the world sense - I hope. :)

Saturday's in my house are usually a mixture of insanity and laughter. M and I really treasure our one on one time together. She asks me for snuggles all day, and makes me pretend coffee! She says that I need the "tender coffee" to keep me awake. What an imagination this little sweetheart has.

While she brings me my 5th cup of tender coffee, I get to sit back and think about this. My apartment is currently filled with the scents of Saturday mornings: coffee, pancakes, syrup, apple juice... The cat is playfully attacking one of M's hair elastics while M creates lord-knows-what in her bedroom. I'm waiting to hear the crash of her dumping out every toy onto the floor. .... there it is.

I love Saturday mornings. The giggles when I attack her with tickles, the squeel when I chase her down with a facecloth to un-stick her chin, the sigh when she climbs up on my lap for a 4 second snuggle. I love being her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment