My thoughts, My Feelings, My Life - In words.

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Winter Grace

When I awoke this morning to the rude "buzz buzz buzz" of my alarm clock, I took a big stretch and rolled over to look out my window to see something which resembled pure beauty.  We received about 20 centimeters of snow last night between midnight and 7am.  It landed on the trees with such grace - it resembled the perfect winter wonderland.  Unfortunatley, I was running late, and instead of snapping a picture, I hopped into the shower.  Mind you, the drive to work was a lot less graceful.  

Being from Northern New Brunswick, one adapts to snow.  It is a way of life.  Halifax is something completly different.  People here don't know how to drive in snow - it's like we get a city full of new and ignorant drivers with anything over 2cms of snow!

I work for a car dealership, and snow fall here is usually quite a production.  With over 150 vehicles on ground, and in three different lots, 4 men moving snow, a plow truck, snovels, snow brushes and a front end loader, I could watch these guys move snow for hours.  But at the end of the day, I praise my underground parking! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment